Sean Eldridge kicks off our year of art. His show opens at 6:00 PM on Saturday, January 21st, but you can catch a sneak preview anytime this week.
Things slow down this time of year. It's no secret. When it gets cold and dark, it's easy to want to stay in bed all day. Our store events face stiff competition from inclement weather. C'est la vie, particularly right after the madness of the holidays. Well, what better time to polish our skills (see the Pencil Pushers), schedule collaborations, and call to fellow artists?
We have a heap of openings this year, beginning with Friday, February 10th. Interested? We've included a short list of things we want, and things we don't want.
- You've sunk practice into your work as an artist, and it shows
- You're eager, whether it's your first show or your hundredth
- You're comfortable with promotion - feel free to invite a million people, show initiative
- A place to find your work (website, instagram, facebook)
- (RECOMMENDED) Have some pieces with sub $100 price points. Sketches can be a great way to show your process. Feel free to swing for a nice mix of pieces big and small, or opt for flat fees across the board, but you should note that things in the fiftyish-and-less dollar range always tend to do really well in our space
- You're actually reading this list
- DO NOT score a show with us and proceed to show up with just a few pieces prepared - bring a lot, fill the space!
- DO NOT no-show or cancel as we draw close to your show date, especially without notice (exhibit professionalism!)
- Don't be a chump!
If you know an artist, send them to this page. If you are an artist, and you're looking for a show, send us a link to your work. Tell us briefly why you would want to show here, and give us the general time of year that you would prefer. Spots fill quickly, and we may offer you a very different time slot, but we'll try to take your preferences into account.
Changing gears, last thing while you're here - allow me this brief spiel. As a local business, we’re listening to you. Not in a creepy NSA way, but just like, as a friend who considers your opinion. The following short survey is a chance for you to weigh in as we plan both inventory and events across 2017.
Look, I know what you’re thinking, “Surveys suck.” If I tried to hand you this survey in real life, you would say “No, thanks,” or walk away briskly while avoiding any eye contact. I get it. But this survey is on the internet. You can do it in your underwear or while you should be working. It takes less than five minutes. Plus, you’ll have a chance to influence our supply selection and promote your favorite local artists and musicians. Results are recorded anonymously. Our little secret. So toss us two cents, and we’ll finally get around to updating our events calendar.